COMMUNITY BUILDING THROUGH JAZZ
Based in the heart of the Catskills, the Catskill Jazz Factory (CJF) is a dynamic jazz program founded in 2012 with an aim to support today’s best young jazz artists. CJF offers year-round school workshops, concerts, mountaintop residencies, lectures, and world-class performances in diverse spaces to a variety of regional audiences across the Hudson Valley by partnering with educational facilities, arts organizations, and a variety of local non-profits and businesses. CJF brings talent to new audiences in non-traditional venues for music, putting jazz where it hasn't been before.
Previous programs boast collaborations with a number of world-class musicians, including pianists Marcus Roberts and Dan Tepfer, trombonists Wycliffe Gordon and Chris Washburne, and vocalists Charenee Wade and Cecile McLorin Salvant.
A POWERFUL NEW ARTS MODEL WITH 3 CORE ELEMENTS:
- Providing artist residencies and project support to a variety of young, top quality jazz artists to incubate world premiere programs
- Introducing artists into villages, educational institutions and venues across the region to promote community building through jazz, putting jazz where it hasn’t been before
- Serving as a launching point for our artists to develop brand new, innovative projects to then present to larger and diverse audiences across the country
IN FOUR YEARS, OUR ACHIEVEMENTS HAVE BEEN PHENOMENAL:
- WORKED with 21 schools across 8 Hudson Valley school districts
- PARTNERED with 18 local & regional arts and community organizations
- PRESENTED at over 20 venues throughout the Hudson Valley
- HIRED over 125 jazz musicians
- EMPLOYED 22 people and WORKED ALONGSIDE countless volunteers